This course organizes and presents course material to enable students to learn by themselves.
This course is composed of the following lessons:
- Introduction: Introduction to the content and structure of the course
- Current Web Development: Web standards and sources of information
- HTML Basics: HyperText Markup Language (HTML 4 and XHTML 1.0)
- CSS Basics: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS 1 and 2)
- HTML5: New HTML5 semantic elements: header, hgroup, nav, article, section, aside, time, mark, footer, etc.
- HTML5 Forms: New HTML5 form controls: email, url, date, time, etc.
- HTML5 Canvas: New HTML5 element provides an API for two-dimensional drawing—lines, fills, images, text, and so on
- HTML5 Canvas Examples: Basic examples of the canvas element
- HTML Exercises: Exercises about HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- CSS3: Cascading Style Sheets 3
- CSS Exercises: Exercises about Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Tools: Tools, such as validators, frameworks, boilerplates, etc.
The presentations of this course can be freely downloaded from the Digital Archive of the University of Alicante: HTML5 and CSS3 – The Future of Web Programming.